Liberal as in Liberty and Freedom. Iranian as in Cyrus and Ferdowsi.
October 14, 2006
• Identifying MisinformationSeptember 26, 2006
• Gozaar by Freedom House
A Journal on Democracy and Human Rights in IranSeptember 21, 2006
• Akbar Ganji's Letter to America
The regime [in Tehran] is dangerous mostly because it is willing to brutally trample on the democratic and human rights of the Iranian people. ... The real goal of the nuclear program is to make these policies permanent.September 17, 2006
• Iranian blogger released after two years in prison
Mojtaba Saminejad was charged for "activity against national security ", " insulting Khomeini and Khamenei", "profanity", "opening several blogs", "having unlawful affair", ...
• Bishop Concerned About Human Rights In Iran After Visit
Clampdown on activists, discrimination against women, and the plight of political prisoners ... Christians are leaving Iran because of social, cultural, and religious restrictions.September 15, 2006
• Reza Pahlavi's Senate Statement
The best way to deal with the clerical regime of Iran is an integrated three-pronged policy of "Confrontation, Pressure and Support."
• Oriana Fallaci, 77, died todaySeptember 12, 2006
• Silencing the Voices of Dissent
Forced shutdown of another Iranian newspaper, Shargh.September 10, 2006
• Families Of Kidnapped Persian Jews Sue Khatami In US Court
Khatami has twenty days to file an answer denying the allegations or default the case.September 7, 2006
• New Death of Political Prisoner in Custody
A second prisoner of conscience dies in Iran in five weeks.September 1, 2006
• Amnesty Int'l redefines 'war crimes'
Alan Dershowitz presses on!August 28, 2006
• The "Human Rights Watch" Watch
August 26, 2006
The Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz
, who has been called "the nation's most peripatetic civil liberties lawyer" and one of its "most distinguished defenders of individual rights," and "the best-known criminal lawyer in the world," considers one of the toughest questions of all, both moral and practical.
• Iran Exhibits Anti-Jewish Art
• Muslim Sisters Need Our Help
• Exchanges of ViolenceAugust 21, 2006
• Tarek Heggy on the Lebanese Crisis